Sunday, January 4, 2009

FANtastic!


For a while now we have talked about changing out our ceiling fans in the bedrooms. Actually we have talked about it since we moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago. Well, this weekend the one in our bedroom died. RIP... It was old like... 18 years old! Not the prettiest thing but it worked. That is until this weekend.
Tom loaded up the kids and went to Home Depot to find one. While he was there Trey found one and fell in love with it, so Tom decided to get matching ones for both of the boys rooms and retire the ones they had.
Tom has spent the better half of the day putting the new ones in. He told me the ones in the boys rooms where the hardest ones he had ever put up. They were in a million little pieces. I love this man! He is such a hard worker. He really is what inspired me to blog about Fans! I mean really who cares about ceiling fans. But around here it's big stuff!
So here is a picture of our dead ceiling fans
Here are picture of our new fans. Notice the rockets on blades of the boys ceiling fans. What boy wouldn't love that?!!


My hard working husband.

On another note, totally unrelated to the rest of this entry, I wanted to share this picture of the sunset out my back door.  I took it last night while it was still nice outside.  Yesterday is was in the 70's outside  here and today it is in the 30's!  We really do have so crazy weather.

13 comments:

  1. Looking good! Isn't it amazing what a difference a new fan can make? The boys' fans are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to change mine out they are so old -- but this is a rent house so don't want to spend the money on it. I'm praying we get our own house by next summer. Thanks for coming by.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for your button -- you don't have one! I'm going to have to make you one.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great! The boys' fans are really cool! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job to your hubby! Those fans look great. I love the boys' fans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did the third one go up? I really like the boys' new fans. Way cool!

    And, you are right, Tom is a hard worker. If only a smidgen would rub off on Brett when he's around! I think he is sitting on the couch watching The Unit and doing a Suduko puzzle. LOL!

    The picture of the sky is great. I 'almost' took one last night as well. But, then that would require me to actually do something productive. Gaw!

    Aren't you super excited the kids go back to school tomorrow? Should we like open a bottle of wine at noon or something?!?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a handy MAN you have! Tell Tom I am very impressed. And on an unrelated note, the sunset pic is stunning. Have a great week! ;-)
    Oh, and that Christmas CD should arrive sometime before next Christmas. Ha. Sorry for my tardiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talking about crazy weather. Looking through the window I can now see a heavy snowfall, which is not that common in Paris! I will have to go out with my camera, I believe!

    No fans in my flat, not the same climate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings from the eastern part of Finland!
    We had almost as beautiful sunrise this morning as you had :), but we have -20C ( -4 F ).
    My granddaughter ( 13years old ) was skating still over ½ hour and came inside with red cheeks and happy smile on her face.

    I wish all the best to you and yours for 2009 !

    http://leejattas.aminus3.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got lucky with the fans. Some really cool ones there. And that sunset picture is awesome! You were lucky to get that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that sunset is gorgeous! I saw your comment on my blog and came here and I discovered my blog on your blog list! I put yours on mine. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is the coolest fan for a little boys room! I remember my husband putting in new fans once and commenting about what a pita it was,lol. Thank goodness he hasn't had to replace any in a long while!
    Love that sunset photo. You have a beautiful family. I'm so glad you stopped over and introduced yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have lived in OK almost 12 years now and I am still not use to the freakish weather that inhabits this state : ) We do have the prettiest sunsets though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. Please, pretty please. :)